For every Christian family, especially when kids are young, memorizing Scripture together is a great goal to have as a family. Dallas Willard, a philosophy professor at USC, says, “Bible memorization is absolutely fundamental to spiritual formation. If I had to choose between all the disciplines of the spiritual life, I would choose Bible memorization, because it is a fundamental way of filling our minds with what it needs.”*
This is why we are offerings a free video training: “How to Train Your Kids to Memorize Scripture in 5 Minutes a Day.”
Why Memorize Scripture?
Children have an amazing capacity for memorization. Knowing this, parents can have kids spend their formative years memorizing key Biblical texts. The Bible uses many vivid expressions for memorizing Scripture:
- Letting the word of Christ dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16)
- Not letting the book of the law depart from your mouth (Joshua 1:8)
- Writing wise words on the tablet of your heart (Proverbs 7:1-3)
- Hiding God’s word in your heart (Psalm 119:11)
- Binding God’s words as a sign on your hand (Deuteronomy 11:18)
This is a discipline we want our children to have.
Access the Video!
If you’d like to access the video training for free, click the link below.