But if you don’t prepare them, who will?
The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality
$9.00 – $12.95
The thought of your precious child growing up and facing sexual choices and temptations isn’t always a pleasant thought. The thought of having to prepare your child for those choices also might make you cringe.
Christian parents are often confused about what to say and when to say it. The Talk is a series of 7 parent-child studies, all anchored in the Scriptures, that helps parents to talk meaningfully with children about sexuality.
This devotional will help you walk your child (6 to 10 years old) through concepts around basic human sexuality, the differences between boys and girls, how babies are made, and the importance of marriage.
Choose between full-color softcover or digital book.
“It’s a simple, user-friend guide to teaching your kids about a healthy view of biblical sexuality. Parents: Don’t waste time. Get a copy of Luke’s bible study and start teaching your kids today!” – Deepak Reju, President of the Biblical Counseling Coalition
This series of studies covers basic theological and biological concepts that children ages 6 to 10 can understand. Each study is anchored in a specific text of Scripture.
- Lesson 1 deals with the differences between men and women, giving children a simple understanding of their own bodies and the differences between male and female sexual organs.
- Lesson 2 discusses God’s command for the human race to multiply, giving children a basic understanding of sexual intercourse and how babies are conceived.
- Lesson 3 addresses the development of human life in the womb, giving children a picture of the wonder of how babies grow and are born.
- Lesson 4 deals with the intimacy that is created through sex, giving children an understanding of the goodness of sex in marriage and how it creates a strong bond between a man and a woman.
- Lesson 5 discusses the sin of adultery, giving children a biblical understanding of why it is wrong.
- Lesson 6 addresses the difficult subject of rape and sexual abuse, reminding children of the importance of talking to their parents about anyone who touches them in an inappropriate manner.
- Lesson 7 deals with the importance of honoring God with one’s body because God has bought us with a price.
Each lesson has an opening discussion topic, a Scripture reading, an explanation of the passage, questions to ask your children, and a prayer. Many lessons are also contain line drawings of male and female anatomy, egg and sperm, and images of how a baby develops in the womb.
What ages of children would benefit from this study?
The Talk was written for parents to read with children ages 6 to 10 years old. The study supplies elementary-age children with foundational truths about sexuality at a level they can understand.
This is only a guideline, of course. Are there 5-year-olds who can have an in-depth conversation with parents about sex? Yes. Should every child go through this study at 6 or 7 years old? No. Could a child of 11 or 12 who has never been taught this information benefit from this study. Yes.
“This publication has all the talking points you need. The introduction for parents alone is worth the read. Using these seven lessons will provide your children with a legacy of value in their present and future relationships.” – Ron DeHaas, Founder and CEO of Covenant Eyes
Get the Whole Sex Ed Series!
The Talk is the 1st installment in a series of books for parents to teach children about biblical sexuality. Learn about the whole sex ed series!
|Softcover or Digital||
Digital (eBook), Softcover Book