Carrot Cake “Fritter” Pancakes
- Links included below are most likely to one of my affiliate partners. You get the same great price whether you purchase through my link or not.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk (this is the only brand I use)
- ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups cassava flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ? teaspoon nutmeg (use more if you like a little more spiciness)
- ? teaspoon cloves (use more if you like a little more spiciness)
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups grated carrot (you want to get this really finely grated, almost pulp-like)
- Combine the eggs, coconut oil, and milk in a large bowl and beat together.
- Add the honey or maple syrup and beat some more.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, one by one, with the exception of the carrots. Mix together until everything is well blended.
- Slowly fold in the carrots.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Coat with coconut oil.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the batter onto the griddle making little mounds. Flatten a tad with a spatula.
- Cook for about two minutes or until the tops are covered in bubbles and the edges start to brown.
- Flip the pancake and cook another 2 minutes or so.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used up.
- Serve warm.
- For an extra flare – top with a little cream cheese or fresh whipped cream and chopped crispy pecans!
- These pancakes freeze well. Double or triple the batch, cool, freeze, then reheat from frozen in a toaster oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe by Intoxicated On Life at https://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/carrot-cake-fritter-pancakes/