Peppermint Oatmeal Soap
A fun project and a lovely homemade gift, Peppermint Oatmeal Soap is both pretty and practical!
- 2 lb clear melt and pour soap base like this
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup peppermint crushed
- 20 drops Peppermint essential oils
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup peppermints crushed
- Heavy duty soap mold
- Crinkle soap cutter
- Pot for melting soap You may want to use a pot just for this purpose, and not use it for cooking in afterwards!
In a blender mix up oatmeal and peppermint until it forms a powder.
Cut up and melt 2 pounds of soap base.
Immediately stir the oatmeal and peppermint powder into the melted soap base.
Add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
Pour mixture into your soap basin.
If you're going for looks, gently spread optional oatmeal and crushed peppermint on top of the soap. If you're going for functional, you can skip this. You'll still have beautiful pink oatmeal peppermint soap without it!
Allow the soap to set for an hour.
After firm, remove from mold and slice.