Mom’s Grain-Free Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Enjoy the cut-out sugar cookies of your childhood but without the gluten or grains!
Servings: 24 large cookies
- 1 cup ghee or butter
- 1 cup granulated sweetener cane sugar/coconut sugar/ etc.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder make your own without cornstarch - 1 part baking soda, 1 part arrowroot or tapioca, 2 parts cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
Cream together the ghee (or butter), granulated sweetener, eggs, and vanilla.
In another bowl mix together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt. Blend the flour mixture into the first bowl.
Cover and chill for an hour.
Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place dough on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with some tapioca flour and roll out until it's 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the shapes.
With a hard spatula, scoop the shapes and place them on a baking sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes.
• If you are like me, you are probably wondering if you can substitute honey for the granulated sweetener. I tried many times to make this recipe with honey, but every time it turned out gummy. My theory is the honey reacts with the tapioca flour to create a gummy texture. So take my word for it and use a granulated sweetener.
• If the dough gets soft and becomes difficult to put on the baking sheet, stick the parchment paper with the cutouts on it in the freezer for 10 minutes. After that the cut-outs will pop right out and maintain their shape easily.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 276IU | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg