Cranberry Walnut Granola Cereal
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 12 hrs
Soak time: 8 hrs
Total: 20 hrs 10 mins
Sometimes it's nice to have an easy breakfast! This Cranberry Walnut Granola cereal is grain-free, gluten-free, and full of nutrition and healthy fat and protein to fill you up.
Servings: 3 pounds of granola
- 1 pound raw walnuts about 4 cups
- 1 pound raw brazil nuts about 3 cups
- 1 pound raw sunflower seeds about 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons sea salt for soaking
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup avocado oil melted butter or coconut oil works too
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup pure maple syrup raw honey works too
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2-3 cups dried cranberries
Put the walnuts, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, and salt in a large mixing bowl, add water to cover, and combine well. Set the bowl in a warm spot in your kitchen for 8 hours (I put everything in first thing in the morning, then after dinner get it all in the dehydrator to run overnight).
After the nuts/seeds soak, put them in a strainer to drain excess water. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just get what you can off.
Meanwhile, put the rest of the ingredients in the large mixing bowl, add the strained nuts/seeds, and combine.
Spread out on your dehydrator trays and dry over night about 12 hours at 125-135º F. Break up the dried out granola, and store in air tight containers.