Broccoli and Beef Stir Fry (Soy, Wheat, and Corn Free)
Prep: 50 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak or boneless ribeye steak, or minute steak
- 1 pound broccoli florets about 2 lbs whole head broccoli, cut from the stalks into medium sized florets
- baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lard/tallow/coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Oil for the fry pan
- xanathan gum/ guar gum/ tapioca starch enough to thicken sauce to desired consistency
Cut beef into thin strips.
Coat beef in baking soda and let sit for 15 minutes.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together except the beef, xanathan gum, and broccoli.
Rinse meat and pat dry.
Pour marinade over beef and let set for 20 or more minutes.
Steam the broccoli florets until tender, but don't overcook them because you don't want mushy broccoli in your stir fry.
Drain broccoli and spray with cool water.
Heat a large skillet or wok. Pour in 2 T. of oil.
Add meat and let sit cooking for 1-2 minute before turning. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, until browned.
Add the broccoli and xanathan gum a little bit at a time and stir until thickened.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 763mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 706IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg