Chicken and Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili
For a twist on the usual chili flavors, try this chicken and sweet potato chipotle chili! Full of nutrition, this delicious soup is sure to become a new family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, bacon grease, tallow
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 6 cups sweet potatoes peeled and chopped (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 quart chicken stock or beef or veggie
- 3 cups cooked or canned beans your favorite type: cannellini, pinto, black, etc.
- 4 cups chicken cooked and shredded or chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash sriracha powder optional
In large pot, saute the onions in fat until translucent.
Add in garlic, chipotle salt, and taco seasoning, stirring for a minute until fragrant.
Add in chopped potatoes and stir around for a few minutes, until coated in seasonings and beginning to brown.
Pour stock over potatoes, cover, and bring to boil. Remove cover, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
Place 2 cups of the cooked sweet potatoes in a blender long with a cup of the stock. Puree, then stir back into soup, along with beans and chicken.
Season with salt, pepper, and sriracha, to taste.
Serve with shredded cheese and/or sour cream.
Serving: 8servings | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 526mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14277IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 3mg