Sugar-Free Barbecue Sauce
This delicious sugar-free barbecue sauce is a flavorful dip, condiment and marinade for any of your favorite meats!
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses optional; will add a small amount of sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke optional but highly recommended!
In a large sauce pan, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Heat on low until sauce is bubbling.
Continue stirring to avoid burning. Simmer about 15 minutes.
Use immediately or allow sauce to cool and place into storage containers to store (in the refrigerator) for later.
*The molasses and liquid smoke are not necessary, but I do prefer the added flavor that both add to the sauce.