The Heart of Humility is a 30-lesson family devotional that helps your children understand the importance of putting others first. Focusing on Philippians 2:1-18, the study unearths a dozen biblical motivations for why we should strive to be humble. Most importantly, the study focused on the ultimate example of humility by studying the incarnation and death of Jesus Christ.
How do Use This Study
There are a few ways you could use this family devotional.
- You could spend 30 days in a row, working through one lesson each day. This will immerse your children in the passage.
- You could spend 30 weeks doing one lesson each week. You might choose to do this over the duration of one school year.
- Or perhaps you can do both approaches. Spend 30 days going through this study to acquaint your family with the text, then use the Bible study weekly throughout the year to study this Scripture at a slower pace and reinforce the lessons that were already covered once.
See a Sample Lesson
What Others are Saying About The Heart of Humility
I can honestly say that they have a profound gift for taking a verse and/or concept and putting it into terms that make it easy to understand… The Heart of Humility is a great family focused study that could really benefit your whole family.
– Sarah at Simple Life Abundant Life
I had heard nothing but good things about the devotional. And I have not been disappointed… Each lesson is right at the perfect level for both of my children… the text goes deep enough for my 8 year old, so he doesn’t end up bored and isn’t over the head of my 4 year old. And, in all honesty, mommy and daddy have found themselves convicted of heart attitudes multiple times…
– Corah at The Homespun Rabble Rouser
He does a wonderful job of giving simple, yet accurate explanations of what is being studied. And the questions at the end of each day are thought provoking, open-ended questions—not silly, pointless, “Sunday School” answer questions.
– Annette at In All You Do
Memorizing Philippians 2:1-18 as a Family
Make it a goal to memorize these 18 verses as a family while you study them together. It takes less than 2 minutes to say aloud but is packed with many central Christian truths. When you combine both Bible study with Bible memory, this can enhance the experience for the whole family. (Not sure? Read “3 Reasons Your Family Should Memorize Philippians 2.”)
To help you with Scripture memory, you can download free Scripture memory cards with Philippians 2:1-18 printed on them, as well as instructions about how to make your own “memory box.” This simple system not only helps you keep track of what your family is memorizing, but also helps you move these passages from short-term into long-term memory.
Get the Complementary Handwriting Guides
To reinforce Bible memory, use handwriting practice to rehearse the passage!
- Get our original Write Through the Bible handwriting workbooks (for elementary school). The Philippians 2 workbook is available in several handwriting styles, as well as in ESV and KJV Bible translations, and lasts an entire school year.
- Get our Write Through the Bible, Junior workbooks (for pre-K or K). Give your child an appreciation for God’s Word as they learn their to shape their letters. It is available in several handwriting styles, as well as ESV and KJV, and lasts an entire school year.