“Swimmies” are an amazing invention. They let toddlers play safely by the water, and even enjoy themselves, without you having to watch them like a hawk.
But a 35-year-old who wears swimmies in the pool? That’s just ridiculous.
That’s because the point of swimmies is to protect your toddler while s/he makes the transition to actually swimming. The hope being, of course, that by age 4 or 5 your toddler has total freedom to move safely in the water and have fun doing it!
Just like swimmies aren’t forever, neither is a total media lockdown to protect your kids from viewing unsavory things on TV or the Internet. There’s a place for protection, of course! But just like swimmies help you make the transition to swimming, you should be using tools and techniques to help your kids make the transition to responsible, healthy enjoyment of movies, TV, and apps.
“The Media Monster” training is designed to help you make that transition.
In this training series, you’ll learn:
– The surprising reason you don’t need to be shutting out all your kids’ exposure to “worldly” content
– Where to find the best tools for filtering the content your kids can see
– The key mindset shift you need to make to help your kids develop responsible viewing habits
– When you should start transitioning your family to allow more freedom (and exactly how you can make that transition responsibly!)
– What “accountability” looks like in a healthy family (and how you can help your kids not feel like they live in a police state)
– Troubleshooting the hidden mentalities that will prevent you from developing a healthy family media culture
– The most helpful free and premium resources for kickstarting new media habits in your home
This training and resources are part of our Pathfinder Parenting community. Learn more about becoming a Pathfinder here.
There are no reviews yet.