The Riot & the Dance is the recommended textbook for our Experience Biology online high school course. See more information below!
With over 130 original illustrations and several hundred figures total, this book is first and foremost an approachable and readable explanation of the basics of biology for high school students. Without dumbing down concepts, Dr. Gordon Wilson uses analogies, anecdotes, and simple, personable language to teach key details about the bottom-line themes of biology.
Students will learn…
- the basics of cellular and molecular biology
- the “how and why” of photosynthesis, cellular respiration, the central dogma, mitosis, meiosis, recombinant DNA technology, and Mendelian genetics
- the major phyla and classes of all of the six taxonomic kingdoms
- an exciting survey of God’s living handiwork, including the tiny, deadly Trypanosoma, fungus firearms, sedentary sponges, bizarre echinoderms and unfamiliar facts about the lifecycles and habits of familar vertebrates and plants
- the basics of ecology, such as symbiotic relationships, food webs, and the interdependency of life
Check out the other Experience Biology books…
Experience Biology Student Guidebook (guided notes for the course)
Experience Biology Lab Guide (lab instructions and notes)
There are no reviews yet.