As soon as September 1st rolls around, my cravings for pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin lattes, and pumpkin bread begin. To be fair, I do try to curb the cravings until Starbucks rolls out their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. So, since the lattes are out in full force and grocery stores are selling crazy pumpkin concoctions (Pumpkin Spice Pringles? Really?), I figured it was time for a little bit of pumpkin baking.
Looking for gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
I normally make pumpkin bread, but since I would be the only one eating it in my house, I decided that muffins would be a better choice (ie: I would have immediate serving sizes and I wouldn’t be tempted to eat the whole loaf in one sitting!). Then, I got really crazy and decided to add cranberries to the mix. It will taste perfectly scrumptious without the cranberries, but I love the zing they give the muffins.
Also, if you can’t find fresh cranberries, you can use dried cranberries. It’s not completely the same, but it satisfies the craving until you can find fresh! Be sure to look for dried cranberries without added sugar, if you can.
Grain-free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 4 eggs will combine best with melted coconut oil if eggs are not cold out of the fridge
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2-3/4 cup cranberries chopped; adjust amount to your taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Thoroughly grease a cupcake tin and set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, and coconut oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in chopped cranberries.
- Spoon mixture into greased cupcake tin (or use foil cupcake liners).
- Bake 20-30 minutes (time will vary depending on your oven).
Looking for more Pumpkin Goodness???
Why not try some of these other delicious pumpkin recipes? They’re of course all grain-free and sugar-free!
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake (so good you won’t miss the dairy!)
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting