Having the Talk is a video series for parents who want to give their kids a biblical foundation for understanding sex. Luke and Trisha Gilkerson, authors of The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality, walk parents through each of the concepts in their book and answer questions kids frequently have for their parents.
Who is this course for? This course is for parents who might be nervous or uncertain about how to approach the topic of sexual education with their children. We typically recommend that parents use the book, The Talk, with children ages 6-10.
What’s included in the course?
- Access to 8 video lessons, offering a step-by-step approach to talking about sex with your kids.
- Access to 3 bonus videos covering special topics (masturbation, pornography, and homosexuality).
- A digital copy of The Talk: 7 Lesson to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality ($9.95 value).
- Lesson 1: Too much too soon? How to know when to begin talking to your kids about sex
- Lesson 2: Created Male and Female. Talking to kids about the differences in male and female anatomy
- Lesson 3: Be Fruitful and Multiply. How to communicate the function and purpose of sex with your children
- Lesson 4: Celebrating Life. A lesson on the beginnings of human development
- Lesson 5: The Intimacy of Sex. Communicating the importance of sex within a marital relationship
- Lesson 6: The Theft of Love. How to talk with your kids about adultery and sexual sin
- Lesson 7: Sexual Abuse and Your Child. Carefully talking with your kids about sexual abuse
- Lesson 8: Your Body Belongs to the Lord. How to communicate with your children the importance of honoring God with our bodies
- Bonus lessons on special topics (masturbation, pornography, and homosexuality)
Want a group license?
Interested in showing these videos to a parents’ group? As a group facilitator you get access to the videos to show to a group of parents. Check out our terms and conditions.