Have you ever fried sweet potatoes? If you haven’t, you need to try it. Today. This is one of my kids favorite dishes, and it is oh so easy to make.
This was my 8-years-old’s gateway-recipes to enjoying sweet potatoes. Prior to this recipe he insisted he couldn’t stand sweet potatoes. This continues to be his favorite sweet potato recipe, but he now enjoys sweet potatoes in many different forms.
If you are trying to keep your blood sugar low for weight loss (like me) or to control diabetes, or because you are trying to access one of the many of the benefits of a ketogenic diet, then I’d suggest staying away from sweet potatoes.
One of the keys to making sure you keep this a healthy dish is frying them in a healthy oil and one that doesn’t break down under heat. I would suggest using coconut oil, lard, or tallow you have rendered yourself, or bacon grease from a pastured pig. Our families favorite oil to fry sweet potatoes in is coconut oil. It seems to compliment the sweet potatoes very well.
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
Salt to taste
Cinnamon to taste
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes (more or less).
- Turn the heat on high and melt oil in a frying pan.
- Place potatoes in the pan. Cook until soft throughout and browned on the outside. There is no need to cover the pan. Flip as needed.
- Sprinkle the potatoes liberally with salt and cinnamon.
- Enjoy the wonderful little cubes of deliciousness!
Do you like sweet potatoes? What is your favorite way to prepare them?
Linking up on Trim Healthy Tuesdays.