How can you make keto chips? With cheese, of course! With these loaded keto nacho chips, you’ll never miss traditional tortilla chips again! Loaded with flavor, cheese, and bacon, these chips are a great compliment to your favorite salsa or guacamole.
Great as a midday snack, or side on taco night, these loaded keto nacho chips are a simple way to bring big flavor. If you love cheese, these tasty chips are made for you!
How to Eat Loaded Keto Nacho Chips
One of the things that I love about this recipe is the options that it allows. Want to switch up the recipe? Try using your favorite cheese for a change in flavors and variation.
Make sure to note that not all cheeses are created equally. Using hard cheese in this recipe will allow for a crispy chip in the end, so avoid using soft cheese.
Here’s a list of hard cheese that would be perfect in this recipe:
- Colby Jack
- Monterey Jack
For a little extra kick, you can also try adding a small amount of spice to the top of your cheese before melting. Paprika, cumin, and cayenne are all great options! Feel free to experiment with your favorite herbs and spices!
Besides using these flavorful chips for dipping, I also like to use them as mini appetizers. Cutting the chips into squares after baking allows for plenty of topping space.
Some of my favorite combos are pico de gallo and bacon, smashed avocado with chiles, pepperoni, or just olives! The topping options are really only limited to your own preferences. (Don’t forget the homemade guac or salsa to go with these chips.)
Loaded Keto Nacho Chips
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup cooked bacon
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-slip baking mat. Preheat oven to 390F
- If cheese is not shredded, shred both cheeses. Cook bacon and chop into small pieces.
- Spread all of the mozzarella cheese out evenly on your mat, sprinkle with tiny pieces of bacon, then cover with all of the Cheddar Cheese
- Shape cheese into a square for easier cutting once baked.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Peel the whole sheet and cut with scissors into stripes cutting each stripe into triangles or your desired shape
- Place cut chips on clean parchment paper (so it's not sitting in excess oil) and broil it for 1-2 minutes to get it extra crunchy
- Enjoy with your favorite salsa or guacamole!
Such a simple recipe is perfect for family time. Your kids will love helping to measure and arrange ingredients on the baking sheet, pick out toppings, and of course, eating them!
For more keto recipes, check these out: