As I sit here eating a piece (all right, more like a piece and a half) of gluten-free pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, I realize that it would just be cruel of me not to share this delight of a recipe that I recently made up with the great wide world.
Looking for gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
Often times I don’t write down ingredients and amounts in my experimental kitchen cooking, but since I’ve started blogging, I have been trying to remember to write things down and keep better track just in case I stumble upon a really good recipe. It also helps in an instance where I might want to repeat a recipe for myself too! I’ve also included a dairy-free version of this pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting for my friends who can’t do dairy.
Of course, if you’re looking for some more tasty desserts that are grain free and gluten free, make sure to check out my cookbook of cookie recipes!
Without further ado, I present to you pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting! 🙂
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Gluten-Free & Sugar-Free)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 pan with butter.
- Beat together butter, pumpkin, xylitol, stevia, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into your greased 9x13 pan and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- While cake is baking, beat together the softened cream cheese and butter. Add the vanilla, stevia, and xylitol and beat until creamy.
- After the cake has cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting. If you don't devour all of it the day you make it, be sure to store in in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information for Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
These may vary slightly depending on brands that are used.
Nutritional Information Per Serving of Cake OnlyCalories: 180 Total Carbohydrates: 14 *Sugar Alcohols: 8 Fiber: 2.5 Net Carbs: 3.5 Fat: 12 Protein: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving of Frosting OnlyCalories: 164 Total Carbohydrates: 8.6 *Sugar Alcohols: 8 Net Carbs: 0.6 Fat: 14 Protein: 2
*Please Note: The xylitol is counted towards the total carbohydrate count as it is a “sugar alcohol” but because it’s not fully digested it has little to no impact on the blood sugar of most individuals. For this reason, the fiber and sugar alcohols are deducted from to total carbohydrate count to come up with the net effective carbs.
Each individual needs to determine how their own bodies respond to sugar alcohol and fiber carbs. You can read more about xylitol here.
Looking for more Pumpkin Goodness???
Why not try some of these other delicious pumpkin recipes? They’re of course all grain-free and sugar-free
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake (so good you won’t miss the dairy!)
- Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Protein-Packed Pumpkin Roll
- Hearty Potato Ham and Pumpkin Soup
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Shooters with Honey Candied Pecans