For our family, summertime eating includes strawberries. This strawberry coconut no-bake cheesecake trifle recipe is a delicious way to use some of the many strawberries we pick every summer!
Strawberries for days!
My husband and I took our boys strawberry-picking a couple days ago, and it was fan-stinking-tastic!
We found a nice u-pick farm about 30 minutes from our home and spent a couple hours gathering strawberries—71 pounds of strawberries, to be exact.
My boys love strawberries. When I buy a container of strawberries at the store, they are usually gone before the next time I open the fridge.
But with my new stockpile of strawberries I have some plans of my own, like these delicious strawberry coconut no-bake cheesecake trifles. I love this recipe because it’s so very easy to make: no cooking involved!
Optional recipe changes to make this dish your own!
If you want to really load on the berries, add an extra layer of the berry slices on top of the crust, before the first cheesecake filling layer.
To change this up a little, you could add some lemon juice and zest to the cheesecake mixture, to make lemon strawberry coconut cheesecake trifles!
Also, consider toasting the coconut just a bit before mixing it with butter for the crust layer. Spread the shredded coconut evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 350 F for around 10 minutes, stirring once, or until coconut is just turning golden (it will burn quickly, so watch it closely). This will add another layer of delicious flavor!
But, that would mean these are no longer no-bake trifles. 😉 So you can definitely leave out toasting the coconut to save some time (and if it’s a hot summer day, to keep your kitchen cooler!).
Feel free to switch out the strawberries for your favorite berry, if you don’t have strawberries on hand. These would be wonderful with blueberries, raspberries or blackberries!
Strawberry Coconut No-Bake Cheesecake Trifles
- 1 lb strawberries sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (one box)
- Microwave butter in a bowl for about 20 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Add coconut flakes to the the melted butter and mix well.
- Place coconut mixture at the bottom of serving dish, or individual serving dishes, and firmly press it down so it will pack together. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, honey, and whipping cream in a bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- Spoon a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top of the coconut layer.
- Next, layer sliced strawberries on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Spread more of the cream cheese mixture on top of the strawberries to make the last layer.
- Chill for about an hour.
- Top with strawberry slices to garnish if desired.
And if you’re curious what else I’ll be doing with the strawberries, in addition to just eating hordes of them, and freezing them, I’ll be making:
- Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Grain-Free Strawberry Banana Donuts
- Strawberry Coconut Popsicles
- Easy Berry Smoothie
- Mexican Fiesta Smoothie
What’s your favorite thing to do with strawberries?