With only four ingredients, and two of them optional, these Grain-free Banana Coconut Cookies are about as easy as you can get. And being a busy mom, easy is usually a necessity. Actually, you’ll have a hard time finding me in the kitchen doing something that isn’t easy. Excluding keeping up with the dishes, that is. 🙁
It’s not that I don’t enjoy making fancy, gorgeous foods, I just don’t have much extra time to make complicated snacks. And even though I strive to meal plan, snacks are usually forgotten until I hear four kids clamoring for them ASAP. You moms know the kind of clamor I’m talking about: it’s the “Feed me immediately, or I shall perish in utter agony!” kind.
These little cookies are a compilation of above-mentioned drama and a mom frantically looking through the cupboards and finding nothing to snack on other than coconut and bananas. So into a bowl they went – with a few random things like leftover walnuts and raisins – then into the oven. And they were a hit! Even the hubby, who’s quite picky about his gluten-free treats, loved them. They’ve since become a go-to snack on days when the clamoring is filled with agony. 😉
2 bananas (about 1 c. mashed)
1 1/3 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 c. walnuts
1/4 c. dairy-free chocolate chips, or raisins for sugar-free
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash bananas, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoonfuls of "dough" onto a spoon and gently form it into a ball with your fingers. It will be soft and crumbly.
- Place it on prepared cookie sheet and gently flatten with the back of a fork. You may have to reshape it a little.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool for a few minutes before eating.
In need of some more easy, kid-friendly snacks? Try these!
Follow our Gluten-Free Snack Ideas Board
It’s back! For a limited time you can grab The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. $2,000 in resources to help make dinnertime easier, homemaking hacks to make your day run smoother, and encouragement for your weary day – all for less than $30. Don’t wait, the sale ends on May 1st!