When I had my first baby, I didn’t think much about preparing ahead. Sure, I wanted the nursery ready to go and painted just so. And I wanted my house clean and organized. But thinking through getting ahead meal prep wasn’t even on my radar.
Fast forward 13 years and we’re now anticipating the arrival of baby #5. With this baby, I’m near frantic in my desire to get ahead. My how things change between baby #1 and baby #5! One of the things at the top of my list is food prep—more specifically, preparing make-ahead keto freezer meals for my family.
Why make-ahead keto freezer meals?
I want to eat nutrient dense, nourishing foods that will plump up my baby—without plumping me up. First and foremost, it’s important to me that I’m eating foods that will give me what I need to make nutritious breast milk for my baby. It’s important I’m eating plenty of good-fats that I can pass along to baby.
And secondarily, I’d like to avoid gaining weight (or at least much weight) while breastfeeding. I know there are plenty of mamas out there who rave about how great breastfeeding is for weight loss. But I am one of those unlucky ones. I have trouble keeping the weight from piling on while I breastfeed.
In fact, I’ve always gained more weight while breastfeeding than while pregnant! The best way I know to avoid this, is by making sure I’m eating plenty of healthy fats, moderate protein, and keeping my carbs low.
You know, this list of make-ahead freezer meals came about because I needed it. I need a cheat sheet of healthy keto meals I could make in preparation for my baby.
Whether or note you’re expecting a baby, or entering another particularly busy season of life, or just plain want to have some cooking done and out of your way, I hope this list of recipes comes in as handy for you as it has for me!
Are these all really make-ahead freezer meals?
Most of the recipes here don’t explicitly state that they’re make-ahead freezer meals, but they’re all recipes that will freeze up beautifully.
Some of the recipes you’ll want to prep ahead of time, freeze, and cook the day you want to eat (like the Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast), and other recipes (like the Cheesy Sausage Biscuits) you can cook, freeze, and warm them up when you’re ready to eat.
Are you ready? It’s time to get freezer-cookin’ on!
PS: Don’t miss the bottom of the post for some great easy, last-minute (what I like to call “throw together”) meals for those days when you’re hitting that 5pm rush and still don’t have anything ready for dinner!
Breakfast Keto Freezer Meals
1. Cheesy Sausage Biscuits from Intoxicated on Life
2. Bacon and Egg Cups from Seasonal Cravings
3. Spinach and Goat Cheese Egg Muffins from Intoxicated on Life
4. Easy Grain-Free Egg Bake from Intoxicated on Life
5. Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
6. Broccoli and Bacon Quiche from Intoxicated on Life
7. Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels from My Table of Three
8. Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Cheese from Wholesome Yum
9. Breakfast Biscuits Stuffed with Sausage and Cheese from How To This and That
10. Breakfast Casserole from Paleo Running Momma
11. Spinach and Feta Pie from Ditch the Carbs
12. Apple, Leek, and Bacon Breakfast Sausage from And Here We Are
Lunch and Dinner Keto Freezer Meals: BEEF
13. Slow Cooker Taco Soup from Intoxicated on Life
14. Pesto Meatballs from Savory Lotus
15. Basic Grain-Free Meatballs from Intoxicated on Life (This is a must-have freezer staple. They’re a super versatile basic meatball you can use a lot of different ways)
16. Meatloaf Recipe from Wholesome Yum
17. Meatballs alla Parmigiana from I Breathe I’m Hungry
18. Cabbage Lasagna Recipe from Low Carb Yum
19. Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast from The Rising Spoon
20. Mexican Zucchini Lasagna from Food Faith Fitness
21. Bison Meatball with Homemade Tzatziki from The Fit Blog (I’ll be swapping out the bison for our grass-fed beef and using full-fat feta instead of fat-free)
22. Cauliflower Hamburger Casserole from Grass Fed Girl
23. Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chili from Peace Love and Low Carb
24. “Just Like the Real Thing” Low Carb Lasagna from Peace Love and Low Carb
25. Chelo Kebabs from And Here We Are
Lunch and Dinner Keto Freezer Meals: PORK
26. Garlic Mint Pork Loin from New Leaf Wellness
27. Sauerkraut Sausage Casserole from KetoDiet App (I know some people can’t stand sauerkraut, but our family can’t get enough of it!)
28. Crock Pot Pulled Pork Chili from PaleoOMG*
29. 5 Spice Slow Cooker Pork Ribs from Well Fed*
30. Slow Cooker Pork Shanks from Meatified
31. Sausage and Kale Mock Lasagna Casserole from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Lunch and Dinner Keto Freezer Meals: CHICKEN
32. Brazilian Chicken with Coconut Sauce over Cauliflower Rice from Health, Home, and Happiness
33. Baked Chicken Avocado Meatballs from Kitchen @ Hoskins (substitute almond flour for the bread crumbs)
34. Chicken Pepper Bacon Bites from Home, Health, and Happiness
35. Mini Chicken Pot Pies from Ruled.Me
36. Zucchini Noodle Lasagna with Italian Chicken from Hungry Hobby
Lunch and Dinner Keto Freezer Meals: MISC.
37. Tuna Green Chile Zoodle Casserole from Cotter Crunch
38. Sun-Dried Tomato and Feta Meatballs from I Breathe I’m Hungry
39. How to Prep and Freeze Cauliflower Rice from The Pinning Mama (great side-dish to keep in the freezer that goes especially well with stir frys of all varieties)
40. 3-Ingredient Pizza Crusts from The Big Man’s World (because….family pizza night! right?)
Forgot to take out your meal? Throw-together meals to the rescue!
Just because you forgot again to take your meal out of the freezer in time for dinner doesn’t mean you have to resort to fast food. Oh no. It’s time to pull out your arsenal of fast, easy-to-prep meal ideas!
WHAT?! You don’t have any resources? No worries, I’ve got just the solution for you.
The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle is jam-packed with amazing resources—some of my favorites are resources that will help us get healthy meals on the table fast! And best of all…you’ll get all sorts of other resources (over $3,700 worth!) for 99% off. Yeah, less than $30.
Pressure Cooking Course from Traditional Cooking School ($40 value). If you haven’t had a chance to learn how to begin pressure cooking you need to get started now! Using a pressure cooker cuts cooking time down to a fraction of what it would take on the stove or in the oven. Pressure cooking is the ultimate in fast-cook meals.
Master the Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook ($14.99 value). This absolutely beautiful cookbook will give you some delicious (and fast) pressure cooking recipes to get you started!
30 Dinners in 30 Minutes ($9.99 value). This cookbook is one of my new go-tos for fast, healthy meals—plan as I may, I know that 5pm rush will still sneak up on me some days. BONUS…the recipes in this book are low-carb and all gluten-free. #MealtimeWin
30 Keto Meals in 30 Minutes ($15 value). Like the above cookbook, this book is packed with keto-friendly meals you can get on the table fast!
Real Food FAST ($35 value). This course is going to rock your world. Seriously. Tiffany is the master of making real food easy and cheap! She’ll walk you through the strategies she uses to get real food on the table for her family without wasting any time.
When you purchase each of these separately they’d cost you $110. But you can grab them all as part of the mega-resource Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle for less than $30. You’ll get tons of other resources you might be interested in too!
Special gift from me to you…
I have a special gift I’d like to send you when you purchase the bundle. I’ve been loving my new homemade hand sanitizer. It’s great for sticking in my purse and toting around with me. I’m staying stocked up as cold/flu season quickly approaches.
Choose your bonus…
We have 2 different options we’re offering to you as a bonus this year.
1) A bottle of my homemade non-toxic hand sanitizer you can stick in your purse too (sorry to my international friends, this is for US residents only)!
2) You can register for our new Essential Oil Program: HomeAid for 50% off ($12 value). You’lll learn how to create your very own Essential Oil First Aid kit (you’ll be amazed at how super easy it is to keep a well stocked kit that’s always ready to go). This bonus is available to everyone worldwide.
After you purchase the bundle, be sure to click this button and fill out the form so I can get your bonus to you.
Ready to check it out for yourself? Get started right here!