Coconut and Chocolate Macaroons
- 3 c. unsweetened coconut flakes (make sure you use unsweetened flakes or the recipe won't be sugar-free)
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbs. warm water
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- Stevia, to taste (we like to use liquid stevia for this recipe - about 3 droppers full)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 c. raw cacao powder, optional
- Vanilla, almond, or other extract of your choosing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flakes with the warm water and melted oil. Stir well, completely saturating the coconut flakes.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs with the stevia and mix thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture into coconut flake mixture and stir well.
- If you want to make chocolate cookies, split the dough into two even parts and add the cacao to one of them. Mix well. You may want to add more stevia as cacao is bitter.
- With a small scoop, drop each cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet, or baking stone. We alternately flatten them a bit with our fingers or just leave them in the ball shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before removing from the pan. These freeze well. (We freeze ours in gallon zipper bags and eat them straight from the freezer.)
Recipe by Intoxicated On Life at https://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/coconut-chocolate-macaroons-sugar-grain-free/