Brownies are one of the perfect all-American desserts. Ever since famed cookbook author Fanny Farmer modified her cookie recipe to make the first cookie bar over a hundred years ago, brownies have been a popular dessert around the country—and around the world.
And these gluten-free cheesecake brownies aren’t junk food. They are actually packed with nutritious ingredients like butter from grass fed cows, coconut flour, raw honey, and bittersweet chocolate.
These also make a delicious holiday treat—if you want something extra special for the Christmas season.
These fudgy brownies with a cheesecake ripple have a beautiful marbled look make for a great treat.
As far back as I can remember, I’ve loved to bake, but going gluten-free several years ago but a small damper in my baking aspirations. Thankfully, we live in a time when baking without the traditional wheat flour is easy.
This particular recipe uses a blend of almond flour and coconut flour—both high in fiber, low in carbs, and both helping to improve gut health, blood sugar levels, and lipid levels. Almond flour is a good source of healthy fat, magnesium, copper, manganese, and magnesium, and coconut flour is a great source of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which increase ketone production to help you burn more fat and fight food cravings.
And you get all that from eating…brownies? Yes.
Black & White Brownies (grain-free)
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate the best you can buy; Theo’s is one I love
- 7 oz grass fed butter softened-- 7 oz is 1 3/4 sticks.
- 1 cup raw honey divided; 1/2 cup reserved for cream cheese batter
- 5 large pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Pinch sea salt
- 20 oz cream cheese 2 1/2 8-oz boxes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate in double boiler (or heat-proof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water) on low until melted. Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Combine butter and 1/2 cup of the honey. Cream on medium speed until light and fluffy. Continuing to mix, add 3 of the eggs, one at a time. Mix each in before adding the next. Stir in melted chocolate and mix until just blended.
- Stir in flours and salt.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment or with softened butter. Spread the chocolate mixture in the pan, reserving one cup of batter.
- Combine cream cheese with the remaining 1/4 cup of honey. Beat cheese first and add honey; blend until smooth. Add remaining 2 eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved chocolate batter over the cream cheese batter and with a knife, swirl the batters creating a marble effect.
- Bake brownies at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes until skewer inserted comes out with a moist crumb.
- Cool to room temp and refrigerate for even cutting.
More grain-free brownie recipes…
Gingerbread Brownies (grain-free & dairy-free)
These sound amazing, Trish!
Thank you Raia!!! Trish
i made this recipe today! it was sooooo good!
GOING TO TRY THIS TOMORROW!! SUPERRR EXCITED !!!