One of my favorite memories growing up was making cut-out sugar cookies with my mother every Christmas. My mother slowly refined her recipe over the years into something that is nothing short of delicious.
This year, however, I’m grain-free and of all the things I was going to miss this Christmas, those cut-out sugar cookies were at the top of the list. I decided it was unacceptable to let a Christmas go by without my mother’s cookies, so I adapted this recipe to be grain-free. With two simple flours, coconut flour and tapioca flour, this cookie is sure to please.
If you love cut-out cookies at Christmas time, make sure you check out this Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies recipe, too.
Mom’s Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
So if you’re grain-free this year, or you just want to eat a healthier version of those cut-out sugar cookie you grew up making, I’ve got you covered.
These grain-free sugar cookies are delicious and you won’t even miss the grains. The kids loved making them, and, of course, eating them.
Give this cut-out sugar cookie recipe a try and tell me in the comments what you think! I just know you’ll love them.
Mom’s Grain-Free Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Cream together the ghee (or butter), granulated sweetener, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt. Blend the flour mixture into the first bowl.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with some tapioca flour and roll out until it's 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the shapes.
- With a hard spatula, scoop the shapes and place them on a baking sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes.
25 Days of Grain-Free Christmas Cookies Cookbook
Christmas and cookies go hand-in-hand, but most traditional cookie recipes use wheat flour and other grains. If you are grain-free, or you are looking to cut back on the grains you eat, this cookbook gives you 25 amazing cookie recipes to continue to fill your home with the pleasant traditional tastes and aromas.
Of course, you can use these cookie recipes year round! Your family is going to love having these healthy, delicious alternatives.
More Healthy Holiday Desserts You Will Love:
- Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Gingerbread Brownies
- Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Apple Pie
- Grain-Free Reindeer Bombs
- Grain-Free Christmas Cheer Cookies
- Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Eggnog Cheesecake
Sarah is absolutely passionate about many things, including serving alongside her husband in youth ministry, raising her children to be the men God created them to be, real food, natural health, abundant living, coffee and chocolate (ahem) and living a life marked by JOY! We have two boys on earth, 3 babies in heaven, and are currently beginning the process of adopting a baby.