Garlic bread is one of those foods that I love but just doesn’t fit into a keto diet. But yes: keeping a ketogenic diet and being able to enjoy garlic bread are both possible with this keto, gluten-free easy cheesy bread recipe.
🎶<cue Hallelujah Chorus>🎶
This recipe is super simple and so super cheesy. Those are two supers I can get behind.
With only 4 ingredients, this garlic bread is an easy addition to nearly any meal or is great as just a snack.
What Makes this Bread Keto?
This gluten-free easy cheesy bread is keto because, well, it is really isn’t “bread”—at least not bread with any sort of flour. It’s basically made of egg and cheese.
With this recipe you get 4 servings and only 2 carbs per serving. If you’re looking to bulk up on protein, you get 17 grams of of protein per serving.
Baking Keto, Gluten-Free Easy Cheesy Bread
To make this calcium-rich side, combine the mozzarella, parmesan, egg, and garlic powder until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Flatten out the mixture on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, until shaped like a pizza crust. This will bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, and will then be broiled for a few more minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
This keto, gluten-free easy cheesy bread can be garnished with a little bit of red pepper, parsley flakes, or Italian seasoning. Try dipping this cheesy garlic bread in marinara, or dips for another way to enjoy this side.
Another great thing about this recipe is the option for variety. Feel free to swap a portion of the mozzarella with another one of your favorite cheeses. (Or some extra cheese in your fridge that needs to be used up!)
Since cheese couples with so many different types of meals, this side is sure to be a hit with almost any of your dinners and lunches.
I like to pair this side with soups, stews, and of course, keto-friendly pasta meals! If you’re looking for meals to pair with this delicious, gluten-free easy cheesy garlic bread, check out some of these entrees:
- 3 Bean White Chicken Chili
- Hearty Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup
- One-Pot Spicy Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
- 30 Minute Parmesan Salmon and Veggies
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
Keto, Gluten-Free Easy Cheesy Bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl together until well incorporated.
- Flatten out your mixture on the parchment paper shaped like a pizza crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then switch the oven to broil for a few minutes until the cheese is golden brown
- Slice and enjoy! You can also garnish it with a little bit of red pepper, parsley flakes or Italian seasoning.