These grain-free Reindeer Bombs are so amazing—crispy on the outside, with a soft, gooey, marshmallow-y center. You’ll want this cookie to be a part of your Christmas tradition every year!
Snowmen, Christmas trees, a roaring fire…reindeer…they all remind me of Christmas time. I wanted to come up with a Christmas cookie that was cute, clever, and good enough to be a tradition in our home every year.
Grain-Free Reindeer Bombs Cookies
I love holiday baking. It’s such a great nostalgic activity and it’s even more fun making the cookies with my kids. Add playing some Christmas music and a fire in the fireplace and you’ve got a delightful and cherished holiday family activity.
The kids love marshmallows (I mean, who doesn’t?) and I prefer to use homemade marshmallows over the chemical-loaded ones from the store. You can use either option, but if you want to make these Reindeer Bombs even more special, try using my Chocolate Marshmallows Recipe. Mmm…
We’re a grain-free family over here, so these Reindeer Bombs are grain-free by using almond flour. Besides the marshmallows (and homemade ones are less sugary than store-bought), the only sweetener is coconut sugar. Score!
25 Days of Grain-Free Christmas Cookies: Reindeer Bombs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients until combined.
- Scoop out a couple tablespoons of the dough, roll into a ball, then flatten enough to put a small piece of marshmallow in the middle.
- Roll the dough around the marshmallow, and then roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before eating!
25 Days of Grain-Free Christmas Cookies
Christmas and cookies go hand-in-hand, but most traditional cookie recipes use wheat flour and other grains. If you are grain-free, or you are looking to cut back on the grains you eat, this cookbook gives you 25 amazing cookie recipes to continue to fill your home with the pleasant traditional tastes and aromas.
Of course, you can use these cookie recipes year round! Your family is going to love having these healthy, delicious alternatives.
More Healthy Holiday Desserts You Will Love:
- Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Gingerbread Brownies
- Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Apple Pie
- Grain-Free Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Grain-Free Christmas Cheer Cookies
- Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Eggnog Cheesecake
Shanti is the founder of Life Made Full, a blog dedicated to sharing grain-free recipes, family tidbits and pieces of faith. She’s an adoptive, homeschooling mom of five children. Shanti and her husband, Chris, have been married for 16 years, and he was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2010. They live on a farm in northern California. Shanti loves chocolate, baking, sitting on the porch enjoying the view and having fun with her family! You can connect with her over on her blog Life Made Full, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!