I don’t often make many bread substitutes, but every once in a while I get a hankering for a treat. This gluten-free cheesy biscuits recipe came about at just such a time. They are made with coconut flour, which I find a bit tricky to work with, but have been trying to experiment with more lately so I can take advantage of the nutritional benefits of coconut.
Looking for more gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
One little cheesy biscuit at red lobster will cost you 17 grams of carbs, but only delivers 9 grams of fat and 3 grams of protein. That sounds like a nutritional recipe for disaster. That many carbs from one little biscuit will cause your blood glucose levels to spike and in turn cause fat storage.
My recipe for gluten-free cheesy biscuits, on the other hand, has only 3 grams of carbs (2 of which are fiber), 14.25 grams of fat, and 19.33 grams of protein. A much better ratio!
Gluten-Free Cheesy Biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 6 T. butter, melted
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs, melted butter, salt, baking powder, and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Blend coconut flour into mixture until no lumps remain.
- Stir cheddar cheese into the mixture until well combined.
- Place rounds of dough about 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
These are delicious straight out of the oven, or warmed up in a toaster or toaster oven the next day!
Serving Size 12 biscuits
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I did. As you can see below, we even enjoyed these gluten-free cheesy biscuits the next day for breakfast. We placed 2 biscuits in the toaster and placed an over-medium egg and bacon in the middle. It was quite a treat and a breakfast I could feel good about serving!
More Gluten-Free Bread & Grains Tips:
- The Complete Gluten-Free Grains List
- Grain-Free Herb Biscuits Recipe
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Scones
- Lemon Blueberry Scones (paleo-friendly)
Linking up with Foodie Fridays.