Lazy Saturday mornings are perfect for something special. A special breakfast. And cinnamon flavored anything is a favorite of mine. This Keto French Toast Egg Loaf is no exception to the rule (bonus! It always satisfies my sweet tooth).
This Keto French Toast Egg Loaf makes a perfect lazy morning breakfast with coffee or even a sweet little after-dinner treat. And of course, it’s super simple for busy mamas to put together. It will have you (and your kids) coming back for more every time.
Prep time comes in at just 10 minutes, which is perfect for those who don’t like to fuss with involved recipes. (Hello, been thinking about this all day!)
Once you have this recipe completed, it will bake and fills your house with a warm cinnamon aroma for about 40 to 50 minutes.
The end result is a heavenly dessert similar to a french toast inspired custard. Yum! And did I mention… your house will smell deeee-licious!
Swerve Sweetener in French Toast Egg Loaf
There isn’t really anything that beats french toast for breakfast. But it’s a bit of a no-no if you’re following a low-carb, Keto, or gluten-free diet. This tasty recipe pairs cinnamon with Swerve sweetener for that sweet cinnamony flavor.
What is Swerve confectioner’s sugar? Swerve is made from ingredients found in select fruits and starchy root vegetables. This sugar is the perfect option as a sugar replacement for those who follow a low-carb, Keto, or low-glycemic diet.
Swerve is made using all-natural ingredients, and includes no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
How does a non-glycemic sweetener help you? Eating foods that are high on the glycemic index (bad carbohydrates) can cause spikes in blood sugar. Choosing foods that are low on the glycemic index, or non-glycemic, help you control your blood sugar, as well as your weight.
Since the number of carbohydrates in this sugar replacement is so low, they are considered to have little to no impact.
Prefer to use a different sweetener? No problem! You can swap out your favorite sugar or sweetener and the recipe will still come out delicious. Check out this post to learn more about how you can swap sweeteners.
Keto French Toast Egg Loaf
- 8 ounces Cream cheese 1 box
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners sugar
- 8 Eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Place the cream cheese and Swerve sweetener into a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the crust on the outside is browned, and the mixture is cooked through in the center. The finished consistency of the egg loaf will resemble a set custard.
- Serve topped with melted butter and sugar-free syrup.
Looking for more Keto Friendly Breakfast Ideas?
- Low-Carb Egg Cloud Breakfast Delight
- Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Sausage and Cheese Egg Biscuits
Check out our cookbook Brainy Breakfasts – it’s filled with over 40 grain-free, brain-fueling breakfast recipes to keep things new and exciting! It’s available as a downloadable or softcover book. You won’t run out of healthy, tasty breakfast recipes anytime soon with this cookbook.