Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, and thankfully it was a fairly simple dessert to turn low-carb and gluten-free. I needed to completely change the crust, but the only thing I needed to do to change the filling was alter the sweeteners.
1 cup almond flour
4 tablespoons coconut flour
3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1/4 cup xylitol
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups xylitol
1/2 teaspoon pure stevia powder
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large egg yolks
6 large whole eggs
- Cut cream cheese into 1 inch chunks and let stand at room temp for 45 minutes.
- Mix together all ingredients for the crust and press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Start with cream cheese
- Add salt and half of xylitol
- Add remainder of xylitol and stevia
- Add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla
- Add egg yolks
- Add 2 eggs
- Add 2 more eggs
- Add last 2 eggs
- Pour into springform pan and bake for 10 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Do not open the oven door to check on cheesecake!
- After you remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a knife between the cake and pan.
- Cool on the countertop for 3 hours.
- Wrap tightly with Saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
I’m excited to try making more variations of my healthy cheesecakes and sharing my recipes in the future! Let me know if you try this recipe or a variation and how it turns out.
More Sugar-Free Treats!
Images by Naomi Huzovicova of Almost Bananas