Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, and thankfully it’s a fairly simple dessert to turn low-carb and gluten-free. While I needed to completely change the crust (graham crackers just wouldn’t do), the only thing I needed to do to change the filling was alter the sweeteners in my favorite go-to New York Style Cheesecake recipe!
Looking for gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
Cheesecakes come in all varieties and I don’t think I’ve ever met one I didn’t like. Really, how can you go wrong with creamy smooth deliciousness?
I have a dream to one day make a whole book full of low-carb, gluten-free cheesecake recipes. How awesome would that be?
But before I get that far ahead of myself, starting with a basic New York style cheesecake seemed to be the way to go. While this is what I’d call a “basic” cheesecake, there is nothing boring about it.
You can dress this cheesecake up or eat it as is. I personally enjoy dressing it up with fresh sliced strawberries and a small dollop of homemade whipped cream on each slice.
New York Style Cheesecake – Low-Carb & Gluten-Free
Yield 1 Cheesecake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia powder
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 large whole eggs
- Cut cream cheese into 1 inch chunks and let stand at room temp for 45 minutes.
- Mix together all ingredients for the crust and press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
For each of the steps below (4-11) beat the ingredients in a large bowl on medium speed for 1 minute then scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Start with cream cheese
- Add salt and half of xylitol
- Add remainder of xylitol and stevia
- Add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla
- Add egg yolks
- Add 2 eggs
- Add 2 more eggs
- Add last 2 eggs
- Pour into springform pan and bake for 10 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Do not open the oven door to check on cheesecake!
- After you remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a knife between the cake and pan.
- Cool on the countertop for 3 hours.
- Wrap tightly with Saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
More delicious cheesecake recipes
Looking for more delicious cheesecake recipes? Check out a few of my favorites…
- Egg Nog Cheesecake with Cranberry Glaze —this is a Christmas favorite in this house!
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheesecake — peanut butter cheesecake with a brownie crust and chocolate ganache. Yum!
- Turtle Cheesecake Bars — one of my favorite combos. Cheesecake with caramel, fudge, and pecans.
- No-Bake Refrigerator Blueberry Cheesecake — a super refreshing summer dessert!