I’m a big fan of cranberries. I pretty much like anything with cranberries in them. Furthermore, I love the combination of sweet and tart in these mini-cranberry muffins. And I really like that this recipe is healthy. And if I’m looking for just a little something to nibble on or a fun afternoon snack – you’ve got a winner.
These little babies freeze up really well too. I pop whatever muffins I’m not going to eat into the freezer (after they’ve thoroughly cooled off, of course) and just pull a couple out a half hour before I want a snack. Voila!
1/4 c. yogurt (or the cream off the top of a can of organic coconut milk)
2 T melted butter or coconut oil
1/8 t. pure stevia extract (or to taste- there is much difference between varieties of stevia)
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. apple cider vinegar
2 T. xylitol
1/2 c. cranberries chopped
1/4 c. coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except cranberries and coconut flour.
- Thoroughly mix in coconut flour.
- Chop the cranberries (I used my magic bullet) and then fold them into the
- Grease a mini-muffin pan really well (cuz if you don't they'll stick!)
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool off. I know, I'm always tempted to eat things as soon as they pop out of the oven too. But resist the urge. These muffins don't taste quite right until they cool off. But after they've cooled off, they're oh so tasty!
These little babies freeze up really well too. I pop whatever muffins I'm not going to use into the freezer (after they've thoroughly cooled of course) and just pull a couple out a half hour before I want a snack.