These cinnamon muffins are divine! Right now several individuals in our family have to stay away from dairy and I try to limit our entire family’s sugar intake. That can make baking treats a bit tricky. But everyone in the family is happy when I make these!
Looking for gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
Sweetening the muffins was easy to do. They turn out superb using xylitol and stevia. I used some honey in the topping, but you can omit the topping if you have to be more careful with your sugar intake. Or, you could use a sugar-free honey alternative. Keep in mind, there is only half a cup of honey in the whole batch. So it’s not bad for a very occasional treat, and my kids love these things!
They make a fantastic substitute for sugar-filled donuts or traditional muffins. Or you could even make them as a dessert when company is over (they’ll never know you’re feeding them something healthy!)
Cinnamon Muffins: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- Preheat the oven to 315 degrees and place paper liners in 25 muffin tins (it may make a few more depending on how you divide the batter).
- Beat the eggs, coconut milk, xylitol, stevia, and vanilla together.
- Stir in the almond flour, salt, and baking soda until the batter is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir all of the streusel ingredients together.
- To each muffin cup, add a spoonful of batter, a drizzle of streusel, followed by another spoonful of batter and drizzle of streusel. Each muffin tin should be approximately 1/3 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes in the pan prior to serving.
- Try not to eat all of the muffins at once! These muffins freeze really well. I have made super huge batches and stuck a bunch in the freezer to pull out as a treat for the boys.
Muffins are some of the easiest breakfast or snack treats. Here are some more of our favorites!
- Grain-Free Banana Chia Muffins
- Grain-Free Apple Pie Muffins (no added sugar)
- Grain-free Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- Coconut Flour Cranberry Lemon Muffins (grain-free & sugar-free)
- Amazing Applesauce Muffins with Streusel (sugar-free, gluten-free)