The first Christmas I decided to keep my sugar in check, I was downright glum. The recipe I knew I’d miss the most was Egg Nog Cheesecake. I loved the sugary spicy cheesecake, with the bite of the cranberries, and the crunchy gingersnap crust. All of the flavors played together so beautifully. It was Christmas magic.
I decided it’s time to bring back the magic! This is a makeover of that favorite holiday recipe. Where the original Eggnog Cheesecake recipe came from, I’m not sure. But the original was most definitely not low-carb eggnog cheesecake and it wasn’t gluten-free either.
Love Healthy Christmas baking? Check out my Grain-Free Christmas Cookies mini-cookbook!
This Low-Carb Eggnog Cheesecake recipe does take some planning and time. It’s not a treat you’ll throw together quickly, so plan to slow down for an afternoon, enjoy some festive Christmas music, and savor the experience. I like easy recipes as well as the next person, but just remember that some things are worth the work!
Enjoy this remodeled, tasty holiday delicacy! And hey, why not enjoy it with a glass of homemade low-carb eggnog, too?
Looking for more gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
Low-Carb Eggnog Cheesecake with Cranberry Glaze (also Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a small bowl and pat into a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes.
- Blend the softened cream cheese thoroughly.
- Cream together the cream cheese, xylitol, and stevia. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and blend thoroughly. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add eggnog and blend thoroughly. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla, rum, and nutmeg, blend thoroughly and scrape the sides of the bowl down.
- Pour on top of crust. Bake 15 minutes at 425° (don't open the oven door yet!). Then, turn the oven down to 250° and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour on the counter top.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the sides. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill overnight before eating.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium-low heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and drizzle over individual slices of cheesecake.