Every year one of our Christmas traditions is making shortbread cookies. I have taken them a little past the traditional white flour and brown sugar over the years and now we are going a step further to grain-free—and still just 3 ingredients!
How awesome is that? Easy to make, just 3 ingredients, and your kids are going to love them. They’re a versatile cookie too, I’ll give you some ideas below for how you can mix-it up with these cookies.
25 Days of Grain Free Christmas Cookies: Traditional Shortbread Cookies
- Leave your organic butter out to come to room temp, you can also take the maple syrup out and measure a bit before hand so it is not cold either. Cream all 3 ingredients together, no need for a mixer, a good old spoon will work. I like to make the cookies fairly small, about one tablespoon.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before you remove them from the sheet.
These are actually a little easier to shape, but they are also more delicate. And a little crumbly if you don't let them cool off before removing from your baking stone.
These Cookies Are Great With…
- a little chocolate ganache on top
- a couple teaspoons of fresh orange zest
- 1/4 tsp Gingerbread Spice Mix
- a little cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top
25 Days of Grain-Free Christmas Cookies
Christmas and cookies go hand-in-hand, but most traditional cookie recipes use wheat flour and other grains. If you are grain-free, or you are looking to cut back on the grains you eat, this cookbook gives you 25 amazing cookie recipes to continue to fill your home with the pleasant traditional tastes and aromas.
Of course, you can use these cookie recipes year round! Your family is going to love having these healthy, delicious alternatives.