Southwest Beef Fajita Salad. This recipe makes me happy. As I sit here typing it out, my mouth is watering. There are just some recipes that do that, ya know?
Looking for gluten-free recipes and resources? This Everything Gluten Free page is a library of everything gluten free we’ve worked on.
If you’re looking for the flavor of fajitas, but want to skip the flour tortillas, this is the perfect recipe. I came up with this recipe while trying to figure out what to do with my skirt steak. I’ve also tried this recipe with a flank steak. It turned out good, but I think I am a bit biased towards the skirt steak. If you order grass-fed beef from a local farmer, don’t forget to order these cuts of beef! They often won’t include them unless you specifically request them.
Sometimes people wonder if we miss eating gluten. Well, of course we do sometimes. But with a flavorful recipe like this, who has time to miss bland pasta? Seriously, even our kiddos like this recipe. It’s a family-friendly, grain-free recipe that you should add to your meal rotation.
Delectible Southwest Beef Fajita Salad
- 1.5- 2 pounds of skirt steak or flank steak
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. coconut aminos
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 t. cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients except the steak in a small bowl.
- Spread all of the ingredients on the steak. Cover the steak and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, but the steak can marinade this way for several hours.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you're ready to cook it and allow it to warm up to room temp.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Broil steak for 4-5 minutes on each side until medium-rare. You may have to adjust this time depending on the thickness of your steak. PLEASE, do not overcook this cut of meat. It's beautifully tender and delicious when cooked to medium-rare. If you overcook it, it's liable to be tough and not nearly as flavorful.
- Let the steak rest 10 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- While the steak is resting, thinly slice your onions and peppers and sautee them in bacon grease or home rendered lard.
- Assemble your salad and savor the flavors!
Whip up some [Southwest Spicy Ranch|https://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/2014/10/01/spicy-ranch-salad-dressing/ before assembling your salad. It's easy to make and a perfect addition to this salad!
Serving Size 4-5
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sharing at Whole New Mom