How can you improve upon a good broccoli cheese soup? Bacon of course! This is a creamy, cheesy favorite of my oldest son’s. If you’re trying to stick to a ketogenic diet it would be a fantastic addition to your meal plan. Try it out, and let me know how you like it!
Tastier Broccoli Cheese Soup (with bacon!)
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Saute your garlic and chopped onion in the butter.
- Add the cream cheese and broth to the pan. Stir until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add the broccoli. Cover the pan and let simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Finish it off by adding the heavy cream, cheeses, and bacon. Cook over medium-low heat until warmed through.
Serving Size Entire Recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The following is the nutrition information for the entire recipe. Again, perfect food for a ketogenic diet!
Fat: 567.9 grams (79%)
Carbohydrates: 139.4 grams (8%)
Protein: 203.8 grams (13%)