How can you improve upon a good broccoli cheese soup?
By adding bacon, of course! (Doesn’t bacon make pretty much everything better?) This is creamy, cheesy soup is one of my oldest son’s favorites. If you’re trying to stick to a ketogenic diet, it would be a fantastic addition to your meal plan.
I’ve found that picky eaters are sometimes more likely to eat their veggies if they’re disguised in a soup or casserole. If you have anyone in your household who isn’t the biggest fan of “green stuff,” just tell them this is bacon-cheese soup… which is technically true. 🙂
It’s also loaded with broccoli, which is an excellent source of protein, fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K. Yes, protein! Broccoli has more than most other vegetables: 2.5 grams per one cup of raw broccoli (which cooks down to a much smaller amount).
This soup is full of healthy fats (especially if you use very high-quality bacon, bone broth, butter and cheese). It’s quite rich and filling, and is nutritious enough to be a meal in itself.
Try this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe out, and let me know how you like it!
Tastier Broccoli Cheese Soup (with Bacon!)
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Sauté the garlic and chopped onion in the butter.
- Add the cream cheese and broth to the pan. Stir until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add the broccoli. Cover the pan and let simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Finish the soup off by adding the heavy cream, cheeses, and bacon. Cook over medium-low heat until warmed through.
After you try this fantastic Broccoli Cheese soup, check out some of our other soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Navy Bean Soup
- Simple Butternut Squash Soup
Nutrition Information for this Broccoli Cheese Soup:
The following is the nutrition information for the entire recipe. Again, perfect food for a ketogenic diet!
Fat: 567.9 grams (79%)
Carbohydrates: 139.4 grams (8%)
Protein: 203.8 grams (13%)
Love Cheese? Check out these Cheesy Recipes:
- Mini Ham & Cheese Balls
- Cranberry Walnut Cheese Ball
- Grain-Free Sausage and Cheese Biscuits
- Cheesy Bacon Lentil Stew