How can you improve upon a good broccoli cheese soup? Bacon of course! This is a creamy, cheesy favorite of my oldest son’s. If you’re trying to stick to a ketogenic diet it would be a fantastic addition to your meal plan. Try it out, and let me know how you like it!
1 stick Butter (from grass-fed cows)
1 clove garlic
small onion chopped finely
16 oz. softened cream cheese
6 cups of bone broth
2-3 bunches of chopped broccoli
2 cups heavy cream
16 ounces mild cheddar (I used Grass Point Farms)
16 ounces aged cheddar (I used Kerry Gold)
1 pound cooked crumbled bacon
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Saute your garlic and chopped onion in the butter.
- Add the cream cheese and broth to the pan. Stir until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Add the broccoli. Cover the pan and let simmer until broccoli is tender.
- Finish it off by adding the heavy cream, cheeses, and bacon. Cook over medium-low heat until warmed through.
The following is the nutrition information for the entire recipe. Again, perfect food for a ketogenic diet!
Fat: 567.9 grams (79%)
Carbohydrates: 139.4 grams (8%)
Protein: 203.8 grams (13%)