When going to parties and other social events as a gluten-free family — everyone is always worried about the kids (and I appreciate that!). When there’s cookies, and bars, and treats galore, that my kids just can’t eat, they don’t want them to feel out of place. I have quite a stash of gluten-free cookie recipes, so I never hesitate to offer to bring a big plate of gluten-free cookies!
Not only do my kiddos love these gluten-free cookie recipes, the gluten-eaters enjoy them too. I’ve included 47 gluten-free cookie recipes for your baking enjoyment below.
They’re divided into the following categories so you can easily find what you’re looking for:
- traditional gluten-free cookie recipes
- chocolate gluten-free cookie recipes
- spiced gluten-free cookie recipes
- sandwich gluten-free cookie recipes
- copycat gluten-free cookie recipes
- …and a few stragglers that don’t quite fit anywhere — creative gluten-free cookie recipes.
For more information on gluten free living check out our Everything Gluten Free resource page.
Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Traditional Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Classic, traditional cookies never go out of style. There’s a good reason why these cookies are always popular favorites: they are some of the tastiest cookies ever. You can’t go wrong with these recipes.
1. Organic Chocolate Chip Cookies from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
5. Snickerdoodle Cookies from Food Faith Fitness
6. Thumbprint Cookies with Chia Berry Jam from Savory Lotus
7. Spritz Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
Chocolate Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Calling all chocolate lovers! When chocolate cravings hit, it’s time to make some super chocolatey cookies.
10. Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies from 40 Aprons
11. Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Cookies from Savory Lotus
12. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Delicious Obsessions
13. Molasses Fudge Cookies from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
14. Frosted Chocolate Mint Cookies from Whole New Mom
15. Dark Chocolate Walnut Coconut No-Bake Cookies from Raia’s Recipes
16. Chocolate Crinkles from Recipes to Nourish
17. Brownie Cookies with Walnuts from Food Faith Fitness
Spiced Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Spiced cookie recipes are the ones that often remind us of the holidays. They give me warm fuzzy thoughts of grandparents house as a child with lots of spicy delicious scents in the air around Christmas! Molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and other spices make these cookies a warm wonderful treat for special occasions.
19. Ginger and Fennel Coconut Cookies from Empowered Sustenance
22. Triple Ginger Cookies from Delicious Obsessions
24. Orange Cardamom Almond Butter Cookies from Food Faith Fitness
25. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Whole New Mom
26. Spiced Sweet Potato Cookies from Raia’s Recipes
Sandwich Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Even though sandwich cookies are a bit more time-consuming to make, they’re still favorites around our house with the kiddos. Kids LOVE sandwich cookies (and so do many kids-at-heart too) for that creamy filling between two crisp cookies.
27. Strawberry and Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
28. Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Recipes to Nourish
29. Sparkling Sandwich Cookies from A Calculated Whisk
30. Lemon Coconut Cream Sandwich Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
31. Florentine Sandwich Cookies from Joy Filled Eats
Copycat Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
I love making healthier versions of popular store-brand cookies. It’s nice to know you’re putting healthy, real ingredients in your cookie while still enjoying some of the most popular cookies around. Look at those copycat Tagalong cookies from Real with Jessica — aren’t just drool-worthy!
32. Copycat Thin Mints from Delicious Obsessions
33. Paleo Tagalong Cookies from Real Food with Jessica
34. Paleo Nutter Butter Cookies from Real Food with Jessica
35. Samoa Cookies from Zenbelly
36. Oreo Cookies from Strength & Sunshine
More Creative Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
There are so many creative gluten-free cookie recipes out there, I just had to share some more delicious cookie ideas that didn’t quite seem to fit in any of the other categories. But they’re still worth sharing. They’re sure to warm your heart and belly with these tasty little treats!
39. Lemon Shortbread Cookies from The Real Food Dieticians
40. Chewy Lemon Almond Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
41. Carrot Cake Cookies with Maple Glaze from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
43. Almond Crescent Cookies from Whole New Mom
44. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies from Recipes to Nourish
45. Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from The Real Food Dieticians
46. Black and White Cookies from Zenbelly
Let me know what gluten-free cookie recipe you’re most excited to try!